Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Top 5 Regrets of the Dying

This piece from the Guardian lists the top 5 regrets of dying patients, as recorded over the years by an Australian palliative care nurse named Bronnie Ware. The five most-frequently heard regrets were these:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Look at the article for a bit more detail, or read Bronnie Ware's book. More importantly: be true to yourself, don't work so hard, say what you're feeling, look up those old friends, and smile.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that working hard when you live should not be regretted since it only proves that you aim something for yourself and you set your goals on it. Remember, if you want to get through the ladder of success, you need to have patience, hardwork and determination to reach it.

    ReplyDelete